Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Interview with our mentor Ago




Csoma Agota
Mentor of  Team for Youth Association 
18 years old
Baia Mare, Romania





When did you start your adventure with voluntary service?

Ago: My voluntary work started about  half a year ago when a good  friend of mine told me about this team4uth organization in my city. I immediately thought it was a good idea and I decided to make some time for it and I did, now I can’t make time for myself ;)


When did you start to be a mentor? Do you like it?

Ago: The whole idea started about week ago when Vlad (also a volunteer) called me and  said “Ago , 4 youngsters are coming  from Poland to stay until school starts, do you want to be their mentor? “ I was shocked I haven’t ever know what does this mentorship imply. But as far as I’ve seen 80% it depends on the voluntaries, not on the mentor how good they get along. So this is my first experience as a mentor and I love it!

Have you ever been on voluntary service abroad? Would you like to go?

Ago: I’ve never been abroad  with EVS or any other voluntary service. But it’s one of my top 5 wishes for the future. Actually, I could do this all my life: traveling and sharing my ideas with the world!

What are you doing in organization?

Ago: Well, in this association we try to organize activities that include young participant and try to teach them how to communicate, socialize and live a community life. I personally help in organizing these activities. I also participate in International Youth Exchanges, which are probably the best way for young people to understand fraternity and for adults to understand that we are future of this world.

Do you want to connect your future work with voluntary service?

Ago: As I said before I could live all my life just doing what I like as long as I know that my work has an importance to the community. For future I would like to go abroad with voluntary service, find a scholarship somewhere in a collage in UE and than continue with voluntary work.

What do you like the most in your work? What is the worst part of it?

Ago: What I love about what I do is the people and the happiness I get back from those I help. For example in the orphanages when you teach the children to do something and you get a smile as reward, you couldn’t feel more fulfilled. I also feel very lucky that I have the possibility to meet people from around the world. The worst part? I don’t thing there is a very bad thing in this. Of course there are mistakes and misunderstandings, but this is just live. Sometimes team work can be difficult, but everyone should know his/ her limits and don’t own responsibilities that can’t be kept. Also, I feel pretty disappointed when in different activities or going out nights I don’t get to speak to somebody and get them to know me and vice–versa. But that’s just a need for a friendly person like me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment