Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Interview with EVS volunteer from Turkey



çelen Mehmet
EVS volunteer from Turkey
Place of the project: Baia Mare, Romania












Why voluntary service?
çelen: Because I wanted  to do something without money, from my heart. I like this kind of idea.

Why Romania? Are you happy because of your choice?
çelen: It's no problem where I am. It's about  what I am doing.


Why did you choose a long-term voluntary service?
çelen: Short-term project doesn't give enough time to lern and to teach.

What is your work about?
çelen: I work with children in orphanages, I spand time with them, do some activities and fineart classes.

What after your stay in Romania? Are you going to continue this kind of job?
çelen: I'll try to do it again or maybe continue this kind of work in my country.

The best and the worst experience during project in Romania?
çelen: I felt from like a few meters high wall and I spent two days in the hospital. That the worst experience. The best is when I went to bazar to buy something and I tried to say 'good evening' but I said 'bon apetite'. 

What would you like to change in your project?
çelen: Smile more and try to teach math.

How did you find out about this kind of project?
çelen: I found it in the Internet.

Do you know the different between EVS and AMICUS ?
çelen: No, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment