Thursday, August 12, 2010

Interview with a member of our host organization


Nicoleta Kerekes
26 years old
Baia Mare, Romania










When did you start your adventure with voluntary service?
Nico: Eleven years ago, in 1999.

What are you doing in organization? What is your work about?
Nico: I’m a member of the organization. I’m responsible whit the social projects: volunteering in orphanages.

What do you like the most in your job? Why?
Nico: I like working with children. Because I’m a teacher and I love children.

Have you ever been on voluntary service abroad? Would you like to go?
Nico: No, but I would love to.

What kind of experience do you have with work in volunters?
Nico:  Most of them are very motivated in what they do. They are actively involved and they are thoroughly involved in the activities. However, there are some who gave up volunteering since the find it to difficult and tiring.


Is it easy to teach people from abroad Romanian language? Do they learn in fast?
Nico:  It’s a challenge. They seem very eager to learn it and they are very good students. I’ve only had positive experience so far.


Can you find some disadvantages of your work in organization?
Nico: No disadvantages… It’s a very challenging job.


No comments:

Post a Comment